Council on Environment and Physical Activity
The Council on Environment and Physical Activity (CEPA) supports investigators from multiple disciplines around the world to conduct rigorous research on physical activity and the environment and the use of results to advocate for evidence-based environmental and policy changes to support and promote physical activity internationally.
The Council has 5 goals:
- Stimulate and support research on physical activity and the environment internationally
- Increase communication and collaboration among researchers to develop new measures, adapt measures for local contexts, and organize networks focusing on specific population subgroups, geographic regions, and research questions
- Encourage formation of interdisciplinary teams to conduct research
- Encourage teams from different countries to conduct joint and pooled studies.
- Support investigators and practitioners to become effective advocates for evidence-based environmental and policy change.
You can select to join the CEPA Council when joining or renewing your ISPAH membership. If you are already an ISPAH member and would like to be a member of CEPA, you can join by contacting email@example.com.