Call for Nominations for ISPAH President 2020-2022
Process for the 2018 Elections
The International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) invites eligible ISPAH members to nominate candidates for President of the Society. The successful candidate will commence as President-Elect effective October 2018 and their role as President from October 2020 for a period to two years.
1. ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES
All paid ISPAH members are eligible to nominate candidates for the position of President-elect. All nominees must also be a member of ISPAH. Desirable characteristics include being mid or senior career, with an international research profile and the supporting infrastructure to facilitate fulfilment of the role. Preference is given to candidates who have served on the ISPAH Board and/or been active in regional networks on physical activity. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Note: Individuals wishing to join ISPAH to be eligible to nominate or to be eligible for nomination can join via www.ispah.org/join-ispah
2. ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PRESIDENT
The President shall carry out responsibilities according to the ISPAH Bylaws during the term of office. These responsibilities include providing leadership to the Society and the activities of the ISPAH Board, overseeing the strategic directions of ISPAH, acting as the primary public facing representation of the Society, and representing ISPAH at international and regional meetings. The term of office for the President is up to 6 years (up to 2 years as President-elect, 2 years as President and 2 years as Past President). The President-elect 2018 – 2020 will assume official duties as President at the biennial conference in October 2020.
3. TO SUBMIT NOMINATIONS
Please submit the following information, in any format:
· Name and a short CV (2 pages maximum) of the suggested candidate
· Contact information of the candidate (including institution, title, address, e-mail address, phone number)
· Brief rationale for the nomination (one paragraph/approx. 300-400 words)
· Short statement from the nominated candidate (no more than 500 words) which should include a response to the question: What would you see as key priorities for the Society over the next six years?
Please submit nominations and all requested information to Catherine Draper at Catherine.Draper@wits.ac.za by 30th April 2018, 23:59 GMT. Late submissions will not be accepted.
· The ISPAH Executive Committee will evaluate the received nominations and shortlist two individuals.
· The ISPAH membership will be invited to vote by way of electronic survey. Nominee names and statements will be posted on the ISPAH website at the opening of the ballot period.
· The candidates receiving the largest number of votes from ISPAH members shall be elected. In the case of a tie, the ISPAH Board will vote to select one of the two candidates.
· Only paid ISPAH members are eligible to vote.
5. ELECTION TIME LINES
· 20 February 2018 to 30 April 2018, 23:59 GMT: Call for nominations
· By end 14 May 2018: Review by Executive Committee. Report to the full Board at the June 2018 board meeting.
· Mid June 2018: Open election via the internet.
· 20 July 2018: Voting closes at 23.59 GMT
· Early August 2018: Finalize/confirm results at the board meeting. Results will be announced to the ISPAH membership.