Please note the 8th ISPAH Congress, originally scheduled to take place in October 2020, has been postponed to 2021 due to COVID-19.
The University of British Columbia’s School of Kinesiology (Faculty of Education), the Indigenous Physical Activity and Cultural Circle, the Vancouver Convention Centre, and Tourism Vancouver will proudly host the 8th International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) Congress, October 12 to 14, 2021.
The ISPAH Congress is held every two years and represents the world’s largest forum related to physical activity and public health. ISPAH is recognized as the leading global society focusing on promoting physical activity across the lifespan.
The congress will be held on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples–Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), Stó:lō and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Nations.
- November 2019 – Launch of Congress Website
- 30 November 2019 – Satellite meeting and symposia submission open
- 27 January 2020 – Abstract submission opens
- 1 February 2021- Deadline for satellite and symposia submission (EXTENDED)
- 18 March 2020 – Registration opens
- 19 April 2021 – Deadline for abstract submissions (EXTENDED)
- 1 August 2021 – Early Bird registration closes (EXTENDED)