The Council on Environment and Physical Activity (CEPA) supports investigators from multiple disciplines around the world to conduct rigorous research on physical activity and the environment and the use of results to advocate for evidence-based environmental and policy changes to support and promote physical activity internationally.
CEPA has five goals:
- Stimulate and support research on physical activity and the environment internationally
- Increase communication and collaboration among researchers to develop new measures, adapt measures for local contexts, and organize networks focusing on specific population subgroups, geographic regions, and research questions
- Encourage formation of interdisciplinary teams to conduct research
- Encourage teams from different countries to conduct joint and pooled studies.
- Support investigators and practitioners to become effective advocates for evidence-based environmental and policy change.